Saturday, November 29, 2008

Wow, what a ride!

Oh, how great it is to live in Texas, where the riding goes on forever -- year round. Being the brave soul I am, or not too bright, I'm not sure which one, I decided to send out a call to arms for a Saturday ride. Not able to decide if I wanted to ride with the dualsport riders or the street riders, and not wanting to flip a coin, I just bit the bullet and sent out an invite to both lists. I stated in the email that we would have a ride that would be good for both. You see, in Texas we have a wide variety of roads to choose from. This ride turned out to be a great time for all.


Today we were able to mix 11 different bikes for 197 miles of slow twisty, fast twisty, and fast sweepers. We rode through miles of tight twisty roads that were tree covered with fall leaves coming down and covering the roads for a beautiful fall, or in this case, winter ride. We would break out of the 45 mph tight stuff - which seemed fast -- into 60 and 70 mph sweepers. This was repeated all day, only interrupted by two great meals. We had burgers like you can only get in Texas at the Loco Coyote. As for the mix of bikes, I rode my KLR instead of the ST or Vulcan and can truly say that was the right choice for such a mixture of roads.

Thanks to: Ricky - KLR, Jerry - KLR, Brad - KLR, Phil - BMW, Kim - Harley, Ed - ST1300, Mark - Honda Shadow, Lynn - Yamaha Star, Daniel - Suzuki Bandit, Rene - Honda Valkarie, for a great and interesting day.


Oh how I love scooter trash!



Let's Ride!
The Little General

No comments:

Post a Comment