Wednesday, January 14, 2009

A Day in the Life

Saturday was to be a big day of motorcycles and Scooter Trash, riding dualsport and going to Dallas with the ST people. I started my Saturday off in a strange way. I was going to meet the other riders for our dualsport ride at 8:00 a.m. for breakfast, so with great excitement I jumped out of bed at 7:00 a.m., put on all the winter riding gear (it was 30 degrees outside), went to the shop, pulled out the KLR, fired it up so as to be warmed up and ready to ride by 7:40 a.m. I threw my leg across my trusty steed, plugged in my Gerbings, and, just as I started to put it in gear, I stopped and looked around -- "Hey, it seems to be awfully dark out here for 7:40." I reached down to my GPS and flipped to the time page -- it was 6:40 a.m.! In all the excitement of a new adventure, I misread the clock. Oh, well, that just meant I got 1 more hour in a great day.
After breakfast, we departed for our adventure. We were only going to ride until 2:00 p.m. because at 4:12 we needed to be on the train heading for Dallas. I had sent out an email inviting both dirt and street Scooter Trash to join Debi and I at the train station for a field trip. Sixteen people showed up for the ride to Dallas on the big iron horse. When we arrived at Dallas, we all went to the Cadillac Bar and Grill for a wonderful time of Mexican food and fellowship.

After dinner we walked to the arena for FMX Freestyle Motocross. Oh, those young men and their flying machines, what a great time was had by all. By the time we arrived back home, it was midnight and I had myself an 18-hour motorcycle day. I still say that Scooter Trash are the best people. I fell asleep with a smile on my face, instead of egg as usual. I thank God for America and the great state of Texas.

2 comments:

  1. You can't even tell the bike was ever on the ground. At least in that picture. The only real casualty is the hand guard. I will be replacing it soon. Thanks for a great ride that day. First time for me and I will be back. (Once I put a couple more strategically placed guards on the GS I will be ready to go). Steve Malley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry Steve,my mistake, I broke my own rule of get the picture, then help the downed rider up if he's not bleeding:). REL

    ReplyDelete